FULL RULES | APPLY NOW | FACEBOOK PAGE
The Next Level of Cosplay is a scholarship contest for creative artists from the costuming and makeup communities looking to take their work to the next level.
Grand Prize: a full scholarship to the Master Makeup Program plus a 6-month paid* Internship
*-if you are eligible to work in the U.S.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Your video should first answer the following question: Why do you want to study at Cinema Makeup School?
- Please choose one design to showcase your makeup and costuming talent.
- Your cosplay choice should be based either on a specific character from comic book, video game, movie or tv show. Within that framework, you can gender bend, genre-bend, choose a different era (e.g. steampunk, Victorian, etc.) or make any changes to the character you like.
- Make sure your video/audio quality is as high as possible. Blurriness, bad audio, fast zooms do not help the judges gauge the quality of your presentation. Frame it as steadily as you can, with either a voice over or clear audio, good lighting, while narrating the description of your work and what went into its construction.
- All makeup and costume applications must be performed yourself. You may use a model, but all essential makeup/costume elements must be your own work.
- You can show video clips and even still photographs of the making of process, as long as they fall within the suggested 3 minute length.
- Please remember to fill out the application on our website located on this page.
Stay tuned to the Next Level of Cosplay Facebook Page as we announce our next all-star judging panel, including returning judges and some amazing new perspectives!
To enter, contestants should create a complete costume and makeup look evoking a character of their choice, upload a three-minute video demonstrating their creations to a major video site with a title including “Cinema Makeup School’s The Next Level of Cosplay” and their names and fill out an entry form or mail a link to the video and any supporting materials to email@example.com.
Entries are due no later than APRIL 17, 2017!
[OUR DEADLINE IS 08:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME]